Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 10

An Open Letter To Educators
I enjoyed reading this post! I also thought this post was interesting because Morgan just finished school this past spring. It was really impressive to see what she has done and how successful she has been. She explains that in North America the teaching style that is used today is the same teaching style that was created a hundred years ago. This really stuck out to me. It reminded of me of when Dr. Strange asked us as a class if we had children if we would send them to a doctor that has been practicing for thirty years but still using the same techniques and technology, or if we would send our children to the doctor who has been practicing just a few years but has the newest and updated techniques and technology. This is similar to the fact that our students are being taught the same way they were taught a hundred years ago. This is not something we should be proud of.

When Morgan talks about her university experience of listening to lectures and trying so hard to stay awake, I feel her pain. I know that I am not the only who has struggled to pay attention and stay awake during a long lecture while having to be still. This is difficult and unreasonable for students. Morgan talks about how she enjoys her Ed computers class because she is learning about collaborating and using all different techniques. She is learning to work with other classmates and having a PLN. This is familiar to me because this reminds me of EDM 310. I truly enjoyed this post because I feel like I can relate. I feel as if I am going through the same things that Morgan discusses in her post. I also like how she included the video by Dan Brown because his situation is opposite. He opted to drop out of school and not continue his education. This is the opposite of what I would do and what Morgan chose to do.

Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home
This was a great post. The overall message was that often times people dwell on problems and don't spend anytime finding a solution to the problem. This was a great and entertaining example. It is important to demonstrate solutions to problems as well. I also thought this was an example of how sometimes educators focus so negatively on some things instead of finding the positive.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
The first question was "what is my sentence?". To me this means, what does my life mean to me. This also means what is the first thing that people will remember about me. This is a very important question for me because of course everyone wants to be remember as doing something great. My sentence is: "I want to be the best person and educator as I can be. I will encourage my student to want to learn and make them excited about it everyday. My students will learn through many different techniques. I want my students to remember me as the teacher who made learning fun".

"Was I better today than I was today?" This is a great question to ask because it is an evaluation of yourself. By asking his question we can improve ourselves each and every day. By asking this question you can succeed in all areas of your life. Try it, and see what happens :)


Sentence Says

2 comments:

  1. Hello! And WOW! I really admire the time and effort you seem to have put into your blog! It's very nice! I completely agree with what you said about being able to relate to the assignments this week. Thanks for sharing and keep up the amazing blog! It's the best I've seen!

    ReplyDelete