Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

Sir Ken Robinson

What do you think is the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this presentation? When he asks the question "how do we educate our children to take their place in economies of the 21st century?" I think this is very important because the economy is changing all of the time. Children must be able to adapt to situations in order to take their place in the changing economy.

Is there anything you disagree with in this presentation? Honestly there is nothing that I disagree with in this presentation. Everything Mr. Robinson states is well supported statements and he gives reason to believe. Everything he speaks about are things that I have been encountering lately.

How congruent are Sir Ken Robinson's positions with those which you are being taught in the College of Education. In other words, where is there agreement? Where is there disagreement? The agreement and disagreement is that technology is being utilized however there are still many areas that do not utilize technology. For example the College of Education is doing a pretty good job of using technology in the classroom and also educating us on the technology. However we are still being taught like students were taught a hundred years ago which is not as beneficial to our learning.

What can you do to address the issues Sir Robinson raises? You can educate people on these issues. If people knew what was going on they would probably be more willing to try and work together to make education a thing of the future. If people were educated on some of the issues discussed they would understand more on what is going on in the education system today.

What do you think of the presentation? I really enjoyed this presentation. I thought is was very clever to use a cartoon to help illustrate the issues that are being discussed. I thought the Sharpie noise was cute in the beginning was cute as well. I would like to be the speaker/narrator (I think) of this kind of presentation. I am not a good artist but I could probably talk or read a script! I also believe I could probably play the role of the designer.


Sir Ken Robinson Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment