Saturday, October 9, 2010

1st PLN Progress Report

Dolphins Jumping out of the Ocean



I believe I have had a pretty awesome intellectual journey! I have enjoyed learning all of the different tools there are to help you learn. I cannot imagine how many other learning tools there are out there. I am just excited to be using some like Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Audacity, Delicious, and some others. I really had no idea these tools could help me enhance my personal learning network. I use e-mail and USAonline to communicate with some of my professors as well. I do not think I would be able to functions without some of these things! I use Skype very often to keep in touch with friends and family that do not live near me. Skype has also come in handy with me when it comes to my math homework and studying math. I actually use Skype to contact my parents in St. Louis, Missouri for their help and guidance with my math homework. This has really helped me. I also use Skype often to keep in touch with other relatives throughout the United States. I am following just a couple people on Twitter (Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian). These two aren't really helping me with my studies but it is helping me learn how to use Twitter! I use Facebook to keep in touch with classmates. I communicate with my classmates about assignments in class or if I just have questions in general. Sometimes it is quicker or more convenient to check your Facebook instead of sending an e-mail or making a phone call. Of course I am very familiar with Blogger now. I check my blog everyday and can keep up with my assignments, other classmates ,and my professors. It is also really cool to read about other peoples blogs and other teachers blogs. I feel like I am learning a lot of useful information by using Blogger. I have also used Audacity to create a podcast which was really fun. I learned that podcasts are great tools for teaching and learning. I also use Delicious for book marking my favorite or most visited sites. I have also become a little bit familiar with Google Docs. It is great to share and view information this way. It is very helpful! Over all, I believe I am definitely making progress with my PLN. I feel like as time goes on I will have more to add to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment