Monday, October 11, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

teacher teaching students




1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves? I believe anyone can be motivated to learn. I believe that if you are self motivated you can learn and teach yourself. I think it is very important to be intrinsically motivated and I believe it is an important quality to have.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves? I think so. I think they can teach them selves little things but not things that are big in life. I think kids can teach themselves by exploring and doing hands on things. If the children want to learn something, they will learn it one way or another. I believe that children will do things on their own to learn something they want to learn. I also believe children will ask questions in order to learn. They are good at asking questions!
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself? I think conditions for children to teach themselves needs to be somewhat structured with some independence. I think children need to go through guided discovery  in order to teach themselves. They can learn through discovery.
4. What role do computers and Internet access play in the process? I think computers and Internet access play an important role in the process of children teaching themselves. This needs to be carefully secure for children. It needs to be monitored for the children's best interest in learning. I think computers do not play as an important role for children as it does for adults in teaching yourself.
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn? I believe that motivation and desire comes first and technology comes second.  Children must have  a desire to learn and a desire to teach themselves as well. Desire and motivation go hand in hand in learning and teaching yourself.
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process? I believe children will learn from facing problems in the learning process. Sometimes we learn best from making mistakes. When we face problems we have to figure out how to fix it and get to where we need to be. This has to go the same for children in their learning process. Questions are so important for children. Children ask questions because they want the answers and they want to learn. It is important that we do not push these questions aside and we answer them.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn? I motivate someone to learn by encouragement. I also tell them the benefits of learning. Learning will get you so far in life. I think encouragement is the most important form of motivation to learn. It also is motivating when the teacher is passionate about what they are teaching. That is big motivation to learn as well.
8. How are you motivated to learn? I am motivated by passion and encouragement. I like to be told I can do something and I like to see people passionate about something. It makes me excited to learn!
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn? I think so but it is definitely more difficult. They will not learn as much as the motivated learner.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why? I teach my self sometimes. I teach myself by using the Internet to look up things such as recipes. I try and teach myself by watching others do something as well. I also teach myself because it is a sense of accomplishment when I have learned something useful all by myself.
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning? A good teacher is the motivator in learning. A good teacher is passionate about what they are teaching and they make you excited to learn . When I have a teacher like this I absolutely love the class and I always end up with a great grade in the class because I am interested and excited about learning the material.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video? That children teach themselves sometimes because it is the only way they can learn. That is truly inspiring to me!
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers? I think this video should inspire teachers and make them want to me motivational to their students and teach students to motivate themselves. It is so important to be passionate about  the material you are going to teach your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment