Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog Assignment 5

World with Headphones On

The Education Pod casting Network

This was a great way to help set up a podcast. I thought it was especially helpful for those who have never done a podcast before. As a matter a fact I am extremely glad I watched this! It was also easy to read and understand. It would be nice to see more of these websites around today due to more and more podcasts being recorded. This website did a great job of describing what podcasting and education mean. It is clear, simple, and straight to the point. It is a great resource for educators when it comes to coming up with new ideas and planning their lessons. I also really like that the podcasts are grouped into subjects and you can navigate through the subject to learn more about that specific area.
http://epnweb.org/index.php?openpod=16

Eagles' Nest Radio Episode #3 Roamin' with the Ancient Romans

Oh my goodness these children are awesome! I think this is so cool that these children get to do something like this. It is such a fun way to learn about a subject and to learn about the technology as well. The kids sound great on the radio show as well. They really are professionals! I really learned a lot about the Romans from listening to this radio show. The children are so enthusiastic and really know what they are doing. This would be a great exercise for all students and schools to participate in. Children would be so excited to learn this way and would benefit from doing something like this. Their voices change with the subject they are speaking about which really gives the radio show personality. I cannot believe that third graders put this together. I also give props to the teacher for involving his/her students in such an awesome project. This could not be any cuter. This gives me inspiration to use this in my classroom when I am a teacher!
http://blog.woodward.edu/ps_edmison/?cat=103

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

I thought this website was really cool and I learned a lot of new things about using the iPod. The iPod is definitely not just a device to carry all of your music and listen to it, there is much, much more. In fact, there is so much that I thought would never be available. Reading the facts listed on this website really opened my eyes (once again) to the many things you can do with technology, especially in education. It is such a great idea to integrate your studies together and keep them in one place like the iPod. Instead of having millions of paper to keep track of and lose, the iPod holds everything you need for class. This website reminded me of when I watched the iSchool Initiative http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68KgAcx_9jU Some of the facts listed in the 100 Ways to Use Your iPod would be beneficial with the iSchool invention. This kind of information makes me excited to be learning about all of these cool  things to do with technology. I feel like there is so much more out there that I don't even know about!
http://www.bspcn.com/2008/02/16/100-ways-to-use-your-ipod-to-learn-and-study-better/


2 comments:

  1. Excellent post Leigh!

    The students with "Eagles Nest Radio" are awesome. I think this would be true of most groups of third graders who had the opportunity to do what these children are doing. Like you said, "It is such a fun way to learn about a subject and to learn about the technology as well. For this reason I refer to podcasting as a "3D" activity. I hope you will use podcasting in your classroom.

    Your blog is outstanding! i really like your use of graphics. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremly happy that you like my blog! It is fun to add pictures and graphics. I think it gives my blog some character and color! Thanks for the positive feedback :)

    ReplyDelete